- Detects magnetic and non-magnetic metal contaminants
- Protects machinery: prevents production downtimes and damage to equipment
- Reduces costs and increases productivity
- Ensures metal-free products
- Automatically compensates for products with a high product effect (caused by moisture, carbon etc)
- Very simple to operate, even for non-technical staff
- “ALUCOMP“ operating mode: compensates for aluminium foil packaging (depends on thickness of film)
- Higher signal/noise ratio with regard to electromagnetic interference and vibration
DLS tunnel metal detectors which are separable andequipped with digital technology are used for inspecting bulk materials or individually packaged product on beltconveyors, material slides or vibratory conveyors. They detect all magnetic and non-magnetic metal contaminants (steel, stainless steel, aluminium etc), even those which may be contained in the product. If metal is detected a signal is sent to the process controller or the reject unit is activated.
The metal detector’s robust design offers maximum resistance to interference and ensures the system is highly reliable both mechanically and operationally, particularly in harsh conditions. It can be used in a wide variety of very different operational areas, from rudimentary detection through to highly demanding, precision applications.
A major advantage of the DLS is the ease with which it can be integrated into existing belt conveyors as there is no requirement to dismantle the belt; top and bottom components of the detector are simply assembled around the belt. Over 200 standard sizes are available for optimal customisation.
DLS tunnel metal detectors offer the following performance features:
- Highest sensitivity to all metals
- Equipped with digital signal processing, automatic self-monitoring and continuous self-calibration as well as filters to suppress electrical and mechanical background noise
- Manual or automatic reset when metal is detected
- Metal impulse and delay times can be fine-tuned to control reject or signal devices, machines or other peripheral equipments
- Compact single board technology optimises operational reliability and means the unit is easy to service
- Maintenance-free electronics, no further adjustments required
- UL/CSA certification (optional)
- Plastics industry
- Chemical industry
- Textile industry
- Wood industry
- Recycling industry
- Mining, stones, quarrying
DLS metal detectors can be supplied with PRIMUS, SENSITY or GENIUS control units depending on the customer’s specific application.