- Detects and removes even the smallest metallic contaminants from regranulates and virgin material
- Removes metal contaminants without any interruption to the production process or reduction of flow rate
- Reduces production downtimes and damage to machinery
- Easy to intergrate into pipelines of any orientation
- Minimum lost of good material
- Reliable detection and removal up to a conveying speed of 20m/sec
- Product effect compensation for conductive bulk materials
- pressure-loss-safe design of the separating unit
GF PRIMUS metal separators remove metal contaminants (steel, stainless steel, aluminium etc) from pneumatically conveyed bulk materials such as granulates and regranulates. Metal contaminants (even those contained in granulate) are removed by means of a specially designed reject flap ('Quick Flap System') which operates reliably and effectively even at high speeds, without interruption to the material flow. Contaminated material is rejected into a container. The reject container is emptied automatically. A further advantage of the "Quick Flap System" in the minimal loss of good materials.
GF PRIMUS metal separators are used in vacuum and pressure pipelines for protecting plastics processing machinery. They are installed in pipelines prior to processing machinery, day silos or driers. GF PRIMUS metal separators can be integrated and also retrofitted in horizontal, vertical and inclined vacuum and pressure pipes.
GF PRIMUS metal separators offer the following performance features:
- high mechanical reliability and resistance to interference guarantee excellent metal detection
- continuous self-monitoring and temperature adjustment ensure reliable operation
- once optimal scanning sensitivity and reject duration is achieved, the metal separator runs in fully automatic process with no interruption to flow of material
- stainless steel (1.4301) separation unit supplied as standard
- modular design concept provides flexibility to adapt to different conveying methods
- options available to accommodate materials at high temperatures or abrasive, powdery bulk materials
- Conveyor systems for feeding injection-moulding and extrusion lines.
GF PRIMUS metal separators are available in the following standard widths: 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm. Other sizes available on request
1) Detection coil 2) Scanning pipe 3) Separating unit 4) Metal 5)Reject container 6) Shutting flap (used in vacuum conveying)